Payment Options Overview
You can pay for your Cloud Servers in two different ways, but can mix and match between these allowing you to combine regular and burst use:
Option 1: By Prepay balance, paying for hourly or burst use:
Offers the most flexibility for you to start, stop and scale your Cloud Servers, as and when you need. Hourly rates are higher than our Subscription rates, since demand is less predictable.
Option 2: By Subscription, for continuous use:
Offers the lowest rates for continuous use of Cloud Servers, and will suit customers who wish to host a website or other ongoing service, with the ability to scale it when demand rises.
You can mix and match between these schemes, with hourly charges applying when your use goes above your subscribed level. For example, you could add a Subscription for continuous disk storage, but pay for occasional virtual server use from your prepay balance. Sales Tax By default our system will charge local sales tax, if this should not apply to you, please contact us before you make a payment.
Option 1: Prepay balance – for hourly or burst use
Hourly or burst use is charged for a 60-minute period . Charging commences when you start your burst use. e.g. if you start a server at 1.10pm and end it at 1.50pm, you will be charged for 60 minutes i.e. until 2.10pm. If you start a new replacement server at 2pm and stopped it at 2.05pm, you will still be charged until 2.10pm. Minimum prepay balance requirements We have minimum prepay balance requirements for hourly or burst hosting. If you are paying by the hour for plans costing more than £0.20/hour or $0.30/hour or €0.25/hour, you must have enough balance to cover 14 days ahead, otherwise you will not be able to add new disk space or start a server. If you have a large burst use requirement, please contact us to discuss your minimum prepay balance requirements. Minimum hourly rates We have minimum hourly rate requirements of £0.002/hour or $0.002/hour or €0.002/hour when using disk alone, and £0.080/hour or $0.120/hour or €0.100/hour when using virtual servers. How To Add Prepay Balance: 1. Log in to your account 2. Go to ‘Billing’ 3. Enter an amount in the ‘Prepay balance’ field and click ‘Top up’ 4. Check your order, select your automatic top up option, make your payment and follow the payment process. Set your prepay balance to top up automatically You can set your prepay balance to top up automatically, so when it runs low your servers continue running. You can set this:
- a) During the payment process: follow the steps in ‘How To Add Prepay balance’. In step 4 you will see ‘Select your Top Up Option’, select ‘Automatically top up my balance by [enter amount] whenever it falls below [enter amount] charging my stored details (up to a maximum of [enter amount] per month, including subscription payments)’.
- b) At anytime on the ‘Billing’ page: go to ‘Billing’ and then to ‘Auto-renew options’, ‘Automatically top up my balance by [enter amount] whenever it falls below [enter amount] charging my stored details (up to a maximum of [enter amount] per month, including subscription payments)’.
Your stored card will be charged when your specified balance falls below this threshold by this amount.
Option 2: Subscriptions – for continuous use
Save on costs and financial administration by adding a subscription. We offer three types of Subscription:
- Annual Subscription – Get 12 months hosting for the price of 10. This offer is valid when you pay for 12 months in advance. Excludes Microsoft licenses.
- Monthly Subscription – Subscribe for 30 days.
- Custom Subscription – Add a Subscription for any length of time up to 18 months.
A subscription covers your specified level of use. You can run one or more servers up to this level, starting and stopping them as you wish or you can run them above this level by paying by burst. Minimum subscription requirements Minimum subscription requirements are 2000 CPU and 1GB RAM. How To Add a Subscription 1. Log in to your account 2. Go to ‘Subscriptions’ 3. Enter your ‘Target quantities’. Enter your ‘Target end date’ (for monthly or annual subscriptions select ‘Sync dates’ for ease) 4. Click ‘Update Subscriptions’ 5. Check your order, select your automatic renewal option, make your payment by card or from your prepay balance and follow the payment process. Our Recommendation – Add a prepay balance for any use above your Subscription You may go over your specified subscription capacity at some point, for example, if you have excess network traffic. We recommend you prepare for this by maintaining a prepay balance. To do this, follow the steps in ‘How to Add Prepay Balance’ above. Set your Subscription to renew automatically each month You can set your subscription to renew automatically each month. You can set this:
- a) During the payment process: follow the steps in ‘How To Add a Subscription’. In step 5 you will see ‘Select your renewal option’, select ‘Automatically renew my subscriptions before they expire, charging my stored details’.
- b) At anytime from the Billing page: Go to ‘Billing’ and then to ‘Auto-renew options’, select ‘Automatically renew my subscriptions before they expire, charging my stored details’.
This payment will be made from your card and not your prepay balance. Your stored card will be charged 7 days before your subscription runs out. If we cannot charge your stored card, we will email you to arrange suitable payment.